These are my most loved products of 2016..
- The Body Shop- facial massage tool: The Body Shop has had a major makeover recently and I cannot get enough of their products. The facial massage tool is great, after applying a cleansing balm (see below), I roll the device over my face- this stimulates circulation and encourages the products absorption. This tool may look like a tool for a miniature garden but it is a mini miracle worker. Be warned though, the circulation boost does leave you looking rather flushed- so only do this in the evening when you don’t intend to leave the house for a little while! To see what other Body Shop products I am loving, click here.
- Emma Hardie- facial cleansing balm: This is to facial cleansers, what hot chocolate with whipped cream, marshmallows and a flake are to beverages- the most indulgent and comforting I have ever experienced. It almost feels too good to be intended for daily use. With Moringa seed extract and vitamin E, this balm has a calming and balancing effect on the skin. This product does something for everyone- pore minimising, purifying, radiance enhancing and hydrating. Its like a day at the spa in a jar. No surprises it has won more beauty awards than Meryl Streep has Oscars.
- Clarins-comfort lip oil (raspberry): Its a lip oil, its comforting, it tastes like raspberries and it gives a sheer pink gloss to your pout.
- NUXE body deodorant: Who knew NUXE made products other than “Luxury Oil”? I debated with myself for hours whether to include this deodorant on the list, I mean its deodorant- hardly sexy. But, I have to be true to myself and the reality is that this smells so good, I could confuse my underarms with a pina colada! (Except this is alcohol free).
- NYX matte lip cream: Probably one of my favourite drug-store beauty brands around. These matte lip creams are a dream, all the pigment and at a fraction of the cost of other brands. They wear exceptionally well and are the easiest to apply-prior to discovering these I have had a few “Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight” moments with my red lipsticks- but even I find the application of these a doddle. My favourite shades are pictured below.
- The Body Shop-tea tree pore refiner: This is an exceptional make-up base, it feels cool on application and smooths imperfections. If like me, your skin texture resembles the surface of the Moon, then this is the product for you.
- Jo Malone-vitamin E lip balm: This classic product is a tad pricey, but it works and it lasts so well worth the investment. I “lost” mine in a handbag changeover situation- it was tough, but we are back together now and everything is fine, I dont intend to ever be without it again.
Eyelure (Fleur de Force)-false lashes: I’m not one for false lashes, I wear them once or twice a year. I have a fear that they will slip off and I will look like I am being charitable allowing a Tarantula to hitch a lift on my cheek. These lashes negate that fear as they are only subtle 3/4 length, they apply easily and feel light and secure once on. They also stay put all night. *Tip- if like me you are a novice at applying lashes, the key is to allow the adhesive to become tacky before placing them- if you apply them too soon then you end up with a poor result.
Tweezerman Eyelash Curlers (Rose Gold): Because of my irrational false lash fear, I use eyelash curlers daily to open up my peepers and give my lashes some oomph. These tweezerman ones are super comfortable and dont pinch. They also look pretty!
- Eyelure-brow tint: Because good brows are so important these days. This brow tint is easy to use and long lasting. A true unsung hero of the brow product world. (*remember to patch test first)
- Argan Oil Infused Polish- Autograph, Marks and Spencers: This polish is perfect, easy to apply, requires minimal coats, chip resistant and it contains conditioning Argan oil. Cranberry is my festive favourite- its sold out at the moment, so its safe to say i’m not alone. It was also a gift in the Marks and Spencers beauty advent calendar which I refer to in my festive gift guide- (click here to read).
- Facial Wipes- Formula 10.0.06: I use face wipes for “Emergencies Only”. I dont usually like the idea of wiping dirt around my face and then going to bed. I am not a fan of the residue most brands seem to leave on my skin. These however, are different. A new generation of face wipe that actually feels like a cleansing, toning, moisturising trio of goodness. This company also make fabulous face masks.
- Eyeko Skinny Liner: Alexa Chung is the face of this brand. End. Of. Discussion.
- Babyliss-boutique ceramic rollers: No more “Mum Hair”. These rollers heat up really quickly and then I can pop them in (with ease), get the twins sorted, eat something, get dressed, brush my teeth and then out they come and off I go. Pure genius. GHD who?
- Primark- oval brushes: My biggest shock of the year (aside from having twins!) I had been meaning to get some new brushes for a while and thought i’d give this whole oval thing a go. Not wanting to commit to the expense of many brands I tried the Primark range and I am sold. These products are a dream and at £7 for a set of three. Why buy high end, I can just replace these as and when.(The rose gold ones pictured are currently sold out, but I have linked the black ones instead).
- Rodial Super Acids Facial Exfoliate: Essentially a far less expensive and far less painful acid peel at home. A miracle in a tube. This is set to become a cult product. It transforms my skin with just occasional use. Hallelujah!
- Pivione Flora Eau De Toilette- Loccitaine: Peonies are the flower of the moment, you only need to take a peek at a lifestyle shot on Instagram to reaffirm this. This scent is the embodiment of the glamour captured in such shots and I love it. Its subtle enough to wear everyday and yet special enough to work for evenings. Going on a trip abroad? this is the only fragrance you need to pack.
Is there a product you love that hasn’t made my list? I’d love to hear what it is and why you love it.